Tile & Grout Cleaning Myth That You Still Believe To Be True!
Tile & grout cleaning is essential to maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of any building. Neglecting it causes the grime and dirt to cause discolouration that eventually becomes difficult to remove. This finally makes the appearance of your bathroom dull and can lead to mould growth and cracks eventually. However, several myths associated with tile & grout cleaning can lead to misconceptions and incorrect cleaning practices.
The Common Myths Regarding Tile & Grout Cleaning
1. Regular mopping with water and soap is enough to keep tiles and grout clean
While it is true that regular cleaning can help maintain the appearance of tile and grout, it is not sufficient for removing all dirt and grime. Over time, improper techniques can further push the ground into the cracks, grout lines, and pores of tile surfaces, leading to discolouration, causing an ugly appearance and an overall unsanitary environment. Therefore, it is crucial to deep clean tile and grout periodically using expert professionals’ specialized cleaning solutions and tools.
2. Harsh chemicals and abrasive scrubbers are necessary for effective tile and grout cleaning
Using harsh chemicals and abrasive scrubbers can damage the tile and grout, causing discolouration, scratches, and even cracks. This makes it easy for the dirt and grime to get accumulated quickly. Instead, it is recommended to use gentle cleaning solutions and soft bristle brushes or microfiber cloths to safely and effectively clean tile and grout. Using steam cleaning or professional cleaning services can also be effective without damaging the tile and grout.
3. Sealing tile and grout makes it completely waterproof and stain-proof
While sealing tile and grout can provide protection and make cleaning more accessible, it is not a foolproof solution. Sealed tile and grout can still become stained or damaged if spills and stains are not promptly cleaned up. Additionally, some sealers can wear off over time and may need to be reapplied. A little upkeep can keep your tiles in brand-new condition and prevent any dirt from accumulating, preventing germs and mould growth.
4. All tile and grout cleaners are the same
Not all tile and grout cleaners have the same chemical composition, so they work differently. Different tiles and grouts require other cleaning solutions and techniques, and using the wrong cleaner can damage the surface. It is essential to carefully read the labels and use the recommended cleaners for your type of tile and grout. Check the ingredients list, research your tile material, and ensure compatibility.
5. Bleach is the best cleaner for tile and grout
While bleach can effectively remove stains and disinfect surfaces, it can also cause discolouration and damage to some tiles and grouts. Additionally, bleach can be harsh on the skin and respiratory system and should be used cautiously. Choosing a safe and effective cleaner for your specific tile and grout type is vital. Bleach is an efficient cleaning product, but when used on tiles, it can cause structural damage by weakening them, thus causing cracks in the future.
The Right Way To Opt For Tile & Grout Cleaning
The right way to do tile & grout cleaning involves a few simple steps to effectively remove dirt, grime, and stains from the surface. By following this easy detailed guide on how to clean tile and grout properly, you can keep your tile and grout stay as good as new:
- Sweep or vacuum the area to remove loose dirt and debris, making cleaning more effective.
- Choose the right cleaning solution for your type of tile and grout. Read the label and follow the instructions on the package. If unsure which cleaner to use, test a small area first to prevent damage.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the tile and grout using a spray bottle or mop. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes to loosen dirt and grime particles.
- Use a soft-bristled or grout-cleaning brush to scrub the grout lines and tile surface. Do not use abrasive scrubbers, which can scratch or damage the surface.
- Rinse the area properly with clean water to remove any residue from the cleaning solution. Change the water frequently to avoid spreading dirt and grime onto the surface, making a mess.
- Dry the surface with a clean towel or mop. It will help prevent water spots and streaks.
- Apply a grout sealer as it protects the grout lines from future stains and dirt buildup. Adhere to the instructions on the package and allow the sealer to dry before anyfurther use.
- For tough stains, consider using a steam cleaner or professional cleaning service.
- Clean up spills and stains promptly to prevent them from setting into the grout lines and tile surface.
- Avoid using bleach or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the surface and pose a health risk.
- Regular cleaning and upkeep extend the life of your tile and grout and keep it looking clean and new.
Thus tile & grout cleaning is essential for maintaining a space’s hygiene and appearance. Dirty and stained tiles and grout look unsightly and harbour bacteria and mould that pose health risks.
Whether done by a professional or through DIY methods, following proper techniques and using appropriate cleaning products is essential to ensure effective and safe results. With good care, tiles and grout can continue to shine and provide a beautiful and functional surface for years.
For professional assistance, you can contact Spotless Cleaning to bring back the lost shine to your bathroom through cleaning experts in Canberra.