Professional Cleaner Tips To Make Your Home Sparkle Like New!
Keeping your home clean is crucial to maintaining a healthy and comfortable living environment. A clean home looks visually appealing and has mulitude benefits for your mental and physical well-being. On the other hand, messy and cluttered living spaces can lead to stress, anxiety, and even health problems.
One of the best ways to ensure that your home stays clean and organized is through regular DIY house cleaning. Doing it yourself saves you money and gives you a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. Additionally, it allows you to customize the cleaning process according to your preferences and needs.
There are several benefits of DIY house cleaning:
- It helps to reduce the risk of illnesses and infections by eliminating germs, bacteria, and allergens that can accumulate in your home.
- It can improve the air quality of your living space by removing dust, pet dander, and other airborne particles.
- It can help to declutter your home and create a more calming and relaxing atmosphere.
Moreover, cleaning your home can also serve as a form of exercise, helping you burn calories and stay physically fit.
Essential Things You Need For A Quality DIY House Cleaning
Essential cleaning tools and supplies that are a must for DIY house cleaning
- Microfiber cloths as they are great for dusting, wiping down surfaces, and cleaning mirrors and windows.
- A good quality vacuum cleaner with attachments for upholstery, stairs, and hard floors is essential for removing dirt and debris from carpets and floors.
- A mop and bucket for cleaning hard floors.
- A stiff-bristled scrub brush for scrubbing tough stains on floors, walls, and surfaces.
- Rubber gloves are essential for safety purposes to protect your hands while handling chemical products.
- A broom and dustpan for cleaning up debris and crumbs from floors.
Cleaning Products And Equipment To Give Your House a Polished Look
- An excellent multi-purpose cleaner to be used on various surfaces, including countertops, floors, and walls, for a squeaky clean appearance.
- A good glass cleaner can help you achieve streak-free windows and mirrors for that added shine.
- Furniture polish to clean and shine wood furniture.
- A good carpet cleaner to removes stains and odours from carpets and rugs.
- A good quality disinfectant is essential for killing germs and bacteria on surfaces.
- A high-pressure washer can help clean exterior surfaces such as decks, patios, and driveways.
- A steam cleaner is excellent for deep cleaning carpets, upholstery, and curtains.
- A cleaning caddy helps you keep your cleaning supplies tidy and keeps things handy, making them easy to access while you clean effectively.
Always read the instructions and use caution when handling cleaning products and equipment to ensure your safety and the best results.
Professional Cleaner Tips For Cleaning Every Individual Space Of Your House in A Hassle-Free Manner
While you begin cleaning, follow the simple rule of one at a time. If you start with the kitchen, clean every nook and corner before you proceed to the next part. This will not only save you time but also the cleaning results will be much improved. We have listed below the cleaning procedures in an organized manner for a spotless polished space.
Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Start by decluttering and wiping down all surfaces. This will help you to get rid of all the loose dirt.
- Clean the stove and oven with a degreaser and scrub brush to prevent any tough stains in future.
- The fridge often gets ignored until you notice an odour. You might not be aware, but your health gets compromised. Take advantage of the shelves and drawers.
- Clean the dishwasher and microwave using good quality cleaning products, and stay cautious before drying them thoroughly.
- Clean the sink and drain with a disinfectant.
- Finally, vacuum the floor and mop it with a good cleaning solution.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
- Start by decluttering and wiping down all surfaces. This step remains the same in all processes and is the basic yet essential step to get started for effective cleaning.
- The next step is to Clean the toilet bowl, seat, and lid with a disinfectant with a proper brush to keep absolute hygiene.
- Clean the sink, faucet, and drain using concentrated cleaning products and handle them with gloves.
- Clean the shower, tub, and tiles with a soap scum remover and scrub brush.
- Clean the mirror with a glass cleaner.
- Finally, Sweep or vacuum the floor, then mop it with a cleaning solution.
- Place a bowl of baking soda in the bathroom to absorb odours. You can also use an air freshener or essential oils to freshen the air.
Living room cleaning tips
- Begin by removing any clutter from the living room. Pick up any items out of place and return them where they belong. This will make it easier to clean the rest of the room.
- Use can take help of a microfiber cloth or a feather duster to dust all surfaces in the living room, including shelves, coffee tables, and decorative items. Remember to brush the corners and baseboards too.
- Use a vacuum cleaner for removing dust and debris from the floors, carpets, and furniture. If you have pets, make sure to use a vacuum cleaner that is designed for pet hair.
- Take help of a window cleaner and a squeegee to clean the windows in your living room. Make sure to clean the windows inside and outside for a streak-free finish.
- If your furniture has any stains, use a fabric cleaner to remove them. You can utilize
- Use a handheld vacuum cleaner to remove pet hair or dust from the upholstery.You can also take help of a lint remover.
- If you have hardwood floors, use a wood cleaner to clean and polish them. If you have carpets, consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner to deep-clean them.
- Finally, take some time to organize your living room. Put any books or magazines back on the shelves, and arrange your decorative items in an appealing way.
Bedroom cleaning tips
- Dust all surfaces, including dressers, nightstands, and lamps.
- Wash bedding, including sheets, pillowcases, and comforters, using cleaning products that are compatible with the fabric.
- In the final step, Vacuum or sweep the floor, then mop it with a premium quality cleaning solution.
Laundry room cleaning Tips
. – Dust or wipe down shelves, cabinets, and other surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
- Clean the washing machine and dryer with a solution specifically designed for these appliances. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and run an empty cycle with hot water to rinse.
- Wipe down the inside and outside of the laundry sink with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Clean the floor, by mopping it with a cleaning solution.
- Clean the ironing board and iron by wiping them down with a damp cloth.
- Organize your laundry supplies and tools in a convenient and accessible manner.
- Consider installing additional storage solutions, such as shelving or cabinets, to keep the space organized and clutter-free.
- Daily make sure to clean the lint trap holder in your dryer to prevent build-up, improve efficiency, and reduce the fire risk.
- Always read the instructions on cleaning products and equipment and use caution to avoid damage or injury.
Professional Cleaner Tips For Deep Cleaning & Maintenance
Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Vacuum your carpet at least once a week to remove dirt and dust. Use a vacuum cleaner with the the feature of HEPA filter for the best results.
Pro Tip -Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet before you begin vacuuming to absorb any odours.
- Use a carpet stain remover to remove any stains as soon as they happen. Dab the stain with a clean cloth, then apply the cleaner and scrub gently.
- Deep clean your carpet with a good quality carpet cleaner every 6-12 months, depending on the traffic in your home.
- DIY solution: Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water and then use the solution to spray the solution on your carpet and blot with a clean cloth to remove stains and odours.
Upholstery Cleaning Tips
- Vacuum your upholstery once a week to remove dust and debris.
- Use a fabric stain remover to remove any stains as soon as they happen. Gently dab the stain with a soft clean cloth, then apply the cleaner and scrub gently.
- Check the label on your upholstery for cleaning instructions. Some fabrics may require special care. Use products that are compatible with the material accordingly; otherwise, you might end up causing permanent damage.
- Use a fabric cleaner to clean your upholstery every 6-12 months.
Hardwood and Tile Cleaning Tips
- Sweep or vacuum your hardwood or tile floors regularly to remove dust and debris.
- Use a damp mop with a hardwood or tile floor cleaner to clean your floors. Avoid using too much water to prevent damages.
- Wipe up any spills immediately to prevent damage to your feet.
- Avoid harsh chemicals on your hardwood or tile floors, as these can damage the finish.
Window and Mirror Cleaning Tips
- Use a glass cleaner, microfiber cloth, or paper towel to clean your windows and mirrors.
- To avoid streaks gently rub in circular motion. Streaks give a dirty look to your windows.
- Use a squeegee for the removal of excess water and prevent streaks.
- If you don’t have a squeegee, use crumpled newspaper to wipe your windows and mirrors for a streak-free shine.
Regular house cleaning is vital for maintaining a healthy and hygienic living environment. Dust, dirt, and other debris gets deposited in your home, causing allergies, respiratory problems, and other health issues. Regular cleaning can also help prevent the growth of mould and bacteria, which can be harmful to your health. With these professional cleaner tips, you will surely benefit from brightening your house.
If it feels like much work, then don’t worry. Spotless Clean is always at your service to keep you a sparkling shine without wasting your time. Our team of professionals are well equipped and trained to deliver top-notch service making your house seem entirely new.
Do get in touch with Spotless Cleaning for any further queries.
Follow us on Facebook for more.